Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Sem Break Rant

Hello, world!

So, sem break is about to come to a brutal close. By next week (or maybe later this week), I would be back in the dreadfully sleep-inducing walls of the classrooms, listening to pseudo-intellectuals masking as "professors" who tend to preach more than teach, and surrounded by coursemates who care more about their GPA than about the actual lectures and other whatnots which are practically spoon-fed to us by a faulty educational system. Also, with the second semester comes election season by February! Yey! Trapo-in-the-making student "leaders" will once again grace every corner at university, lobbying for our precious votes to propel them to the top of student politics hierarchy, with the promise that they'd "change the system" but end up making it even more corrupt than it had ever been.

Anyway...

I am still waiting for my final grades to get posted on the academic database, so obviously, I haven't gotten myself enrolled yet for the second semester. Ohhhh so much inefficiency in the current enrollment system, I can't even...

First of all, the deadline for the teachers' submission of our final grades is today, which is also the last day of the regular enrollment period. So yeah, that's pretty messed up 'cause the teachers may opt to submit the grades by 11:59 PM tonight, but by that time, we may not get enrolled anymore 'cause the administrative offices are open until 5 PM only (duh!). Next, the academic portal was down the whole day, so we couldn't even access our grades or university account. Whatever, that was a bust! Lastly, and slightly unrelated to the enrollment topic but still a relevant issue (very relevant, actually), is the lobbying for better grades by my overly-ambitious-but-who-only-actually-sleep-in-class-and-rant-on-Facebook classmates! I shall write another blog post regarding that, next time, when I've managed to compose my thoughts because right now I think I might have too much angst as regards that particular issue. Heh. (Is there such thing as "too much angst" though?)

Anyway...

I'll bawl my eyes out again just refreshing the academic portal until I fall asleep or until I just get too fed up with the inefficiency and downright fuckery of this enrollment system as well as my unaccomplished sem break bucket list.

So, yeah, that's it. I might need more frequent blogging therapy this incoming semester because by the looks of the curriculum offering, second sem is gonna be such a pain in the ass! Or... I might as well just bury myself in books and drown my sadness, angst and all other hormonal whatnots by studying and pulling all-nighters! Yey!

Good night, cruel world!
(With all your hypocrisy, drudgery, and cruelty; I love you still.)

No comments:

Post a Comment